The SBI12 is a 12V, 100A dual battery isolator that protects the start battery from excessive discharge caused by auxiliary loads, whilst simultaneously allowing the auxiliary battery to supply power to non-essential loads.
SBI12 incorporates 12V with an 100A continuous rating to suit your vehicle. Compact in size the microprocessor controlled Smart Start SBI can be fitted tightly within the engine bay for set and forget.
The SBI incorporates electronic components that prevent the solenoid from generating high voltage current variations. Compared to using a diode battery isolator, It’s a reliable solution due to the voltage drop associated with this type of isolation.
Essential safety features highlighted in the design include a low standby current draw, sophisticated fault detection and an LED indication of operation. These warn users of potential faults such as over-voltage, voltage drop and excessive current draw conditions.
The Smart Start SBI12 battery isolator is a safe way to charge a dual battery system and should often be installed with one of Redarc's high quality fuse kits.
- Compact in size with an overmould design
- Easy to install
- Marine application suitability and longer lifespan due to silver contacts
- Fully surge protected with fault protection
- Power saving technology
- Prevent auxiliary battery loads draining a start battery
- Rugged enough for harsh environments and engine bay installation
- Charge an auxiliary battery while driving
- Jump start functionality for start battery failure
|Input (operating) voltage:||12VDC|
|Output current rating (cont.):||100A|
|Input fuse rating:||100A|
|Output fuse rating:||100A|